Sunbed & FakeBake Spray Tan
30 min each
30 min each
FakeBake Spray Tan
Fake Bake Spray Tan
The perfect way to get a beautiful natural looking bronzed body…
- No dirty patches
- No streaking
- No premature ageing
- No UV skin damage
What is a spray tan?
A spray tan is the easiest and safest way to get a gorgeous tan in minutes!
FakeBake Self Tan is applied to the skin by means of an airbrush machine. The specially designed airbrush atomizes the self tanning lotion into a cooling vapor which is finely misted onto the skin ensuring an even streak-free application.
How long does it last?
A FakeBake profesional spray tan lasts between 7 to 10 days, depending on your skin type and how well you maintain it.
Is it safe?
Yes! Fake Bake is a world leader in premium self tanning products. It is made with organic ingredients & is Paraben free.
How to prepare properly before your appointment
80% of the success of the spray tan depends on your preparation at home before the application at the salon. Pay careful attention to the following steps as there is a great part of the process over which we do not have control. Your efforts will assist you in experiencing the most beautiful even tan.
These tips will ensure a streak free, long lasting tan
On the day of your tanning appointment
- Exfoliate your entire body in the night before your appointment-focus on the lower half of your legs, knees, ankles, top of feet, toes, elbows and knuckles.
- It is best to shave or wax at least 8 hours before your appointment.
- Do not apply deodorant, make-up or face/ body moisturizer before your tan as these will act as a barrier and prevent the spray tan from being properly absorbed into your skin.
What to wear
- Wear loose fitting dark clothing and sandals to your appointment, as after application some of the spray tanning lotion may rub off on your clothes. While it easily washes out of most fabrics, it tends to stain light coloured nylon materials.
- During the application, you can wear a dark coloured costume or underwear, or you may choose to wear the disposable underwear supplied by us.
- It is also recommended that you bring along a dark towel to sit on in your car for the drive home.
- Please bring along dark socks for the tan.
The actual tanning application only takes 10 minutes, but you will need an extra 5 to 10 minutes to allow for drying.
You can tan (outdoors or on a sunbed) over a spraytan application. Your skin will continue to darken as the self tanning chemical reaction works on your skin.
Following the tanning application
For at least 12 hours after your tan, you should:
- NOT wash your hands
- NOT sit directly on light fabric furniture
- NOT wear jewellery
- NOT apply moisturizer
- NOT wear tight clothing/ underwear
- NOT swim or immerse yourself in water
- NOT exercise or wear closed shoes (perspiration immediately after the tan can interfere with the DHA’s chemical reaction with the skin).
Post tan shower
Wait at least 10 – 12 hours after your tan before taking your first bath or shower.
Do not be alarmed to see colour washing off the first time you bath or shower as this is merely the surface bronzing colour. Your skin will continue to darken as the spray tanning chemical reaction develops on the top layer of the skin.
Maintaining your tan
After your post tan shower, apply a moisturizer or oil in the morning and evening. A well hydrated skin is essential to maintaining your tan and extending its duration. Lotions containing Alpha Hydroxy Acids increase skin exfoliation, therefore will accelerate the fading of your tan. After showering do not rigorously rub the towel against your skin (this exfoliates) rather gently pat the towel against your skin.
Do not swim in chlorinated water as it will fade your tan. Swimming in the rough seas is not recommended as the sea and sea sand is abrasive.
Spray tan is great for functions such as matric farewells, photo shoots, brides etc.
Spray tan do not offer protection against the harmful rays of the sun, so please use a sunscreen outdoors.